Privacy Notice for Personal Data Protection in the framework of the Forest Ambassador action
This notice applies to the protection of your personal data (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data in the framework of the Forest Ambassador action in which the company KLEOVOULOS SA (hereinafter referred to as “Company” or “we”) participates.
As a donator you are entitled to the protection of your Personal Data. The Company respects your privacy and your personal data and always complies with the Personal Data Protection Legislation. The hotel also undertakes to act transparently as to how to collect and use the data in the course of fulfilling its obligations.
The term “Personal Data Protection Legislation” (hereinafter referred to as “Legislation”) means all laws, regulations, directives, etc., Greek or European that deal with the processing of Personal Data, privacy and security.
Basic, but not exclusive, laws are the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the e-Privacy Directive for the protection of privacy in electronic communications, and any other Opinions or Guidelines issued by the Hellenic Data Protection Authority or the European Data protection Board.
It is important that you read carefully and keep this notice which is explaining explicitly how and why we collect your Personal Data, what we do with them, how long we maintain them, with whom we share them, how we protect them, and the choices you can have about them. In this way you will always be fully aware of the ways and the purposes for which we use this data and your rights in accordance with the Legislation.
You can view this Privacy Notice in digital form at the following address. https://www.lindos-village.gr/forest-ambassador-privacy-notice
The Company in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation acts as “Data Controller”. This means that the Company is responsible for deciding on the ways and purposes for which it collects and uses (processes) your personal data.
Our contact details are:
Principles of Processing
- We process your personal data in a fair, legal, fair, clear, objective and transparent manner.
- We collect your data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes that we deem appropriate and have been adequately explained to you. We also assure you that they will not be used in any other way except for those purposes.
- We collect and maintain the least possible data, which is appropriate, relevant and absolutely necessary for processing purposes.
- We confirm that the data is correct and kept up-to-date and accurate.
- We will retain your data only for as long as we need it to fulfill any processing goal.
- We will make sure that we store them with the appropriate security.
- We process it in a way that ensures that it will not be used unlawfully or contrary to your will.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
We process your Personal Data according to at least one of the legal bases mentioned in particular below:
- Processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the execution of the contract between us.
- Processing is based on your consent, given for one or more specific purposes.
Personal Data we Collect and Process
Personal Data is any information that relates to you as an identifiable person. In detail, the Personal Data we collect and process are described below:
- Identity information (name, surname)
- Contact details (email address)
We also use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Website. Google Analytics generates statistics and other information about using the site used to generate reports. In detail, the types of edits processed through Google Analytics are described in a separate policy (Cookies Policy)
We do not process minors’ data without the consent of the parent or guardian.
Processing of special categories of personal data
How we collect and source of your Personal Data
The collection of your personal data is done exclusively from yourself
Purpose of Collection and Processing of Your Personal Data
We process and use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- For contacting you so that we can you the relevant certificate when the tree corresponding to the donation is planted
- For mentioning your name on the electronic map of planted trees (only with your consent)
Your personal data will be used solely for the purposes for which it has been collected or for other purposes compatible with the original. If you are required to use your personal data for any other purpose, you will be informed and notified of the legal basis on which the processing will be based or your consent may be requested.
In any case, your personal data is processed in accordance with the principles hereof and the rules of the Data Protection Legislation.
Automated decision making, including profiling
We do not make decisions that can have a significant impact on you, including profiling, in an automated way (decision-making only with the use of a non-human computerized system)
When and how we share or disclose Personal Data we receive with others
We will disclose your name to Common Nature – Social Benefit Cooperation who organizes the Forerst Ambassador Action, for delivering your tree planting certificate (your name is mentioned on the certificate)
International Transfers of Personal Data in Third Countries
Sometimes your personal information may be transferred to third countries outside the EU for the purposes described in this notice. The transfer of personal data to a third country or international organization may take place if the European Commission has determined that these third countries offer an adequate level of protection or appropriate safeguards (eg standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission); and provided that there are enforceable rights and effective remedies for you.
How long do we keep your data?
We will maintain your Personal Data till your tree is planted and you receive your certificate.
Data will be destroyed in a secure way when it is no longer necessary.
Your Rights on the Protection of Personal Data
- Right to Transparency. You have the right to know who is processing your data, how it processes, what are they and for what purpose.
- Right of access. You have the right to request free access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data and fill in incomplete information.
- Right of remission (“right to delete”). You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain conditions, such as when the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected, you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal basis for processing, the data have been subject to unlawful processing, etc. Deletion cannot be applied when processing is necessary to meet a hotel’s legal obligation, to perform a duty performed to the public interest, for the exercise of public authority assigned to the hotel on the grounds of public interest in the field of public health, for establishing, exercising or supporting legal claims etc.
- Right to limit processing. You have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data when their accuracy is questioned, the processing is illegal, the data is no longer needed by the controller or you have objections to the automated processing.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to request the transfer of your data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Right of objection. You have the right to oppose to the processing of your personal data, provided that the public interest is not prejudiced. The right to oppose to certain forms of processing of your personal information, so not to be subject to the legal consequences of automated processing or formatting.
If you have given your consent to the use of some of your data, you also have the unlimited right to withdraw it at any time. Recalling your consent means that we will stop processing the data you have previously given your consent. There will be no consequences for the withdrawal of your consent.
You can exercise your rights by contacting the Company or by sending an email to [email protected]. If you exercise any of your rights in writing on request, we will take every possible action to process your claim within thirty (30) days of receipt. If you do not receive a response within 30 days or are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority.
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority, which enforces data protection laws, if you have concerns about how the Hotel is processing your personal data or you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint or request.
Hellenic Data Protection Authority
1-3 Kifissias str. 115 23, Athens
Tel: + 30-210 6475600
Fax: + 30-210 6475628
email: [email protected]
Data Protection Officer
The Company has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted at [email protected]
Protection of your personal data
Data is stored in a variety of resources, including the physical file, the Website, and other IT systems (including email). The data are stored in the whole and the format they are submitted to, without any interference with their content.
We have established a set of technical and organizational security measures to prevent the use or access of your personal information with an unauthorized or illegal way, accidental loss or damage to their integrity, their change or disclosure.
In addition, we restrict access to your personal information only to those who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information in accordance with our instructions and are subject to a confidentiality obligation. Your Personal Data will be processed by a Third Processor only if he agrees to comply with the specific technical and organizational data security measures.
In case of a breach of data security we will notify you and any applicable regulatory bodies where we will be legally obliged to do so.
Amendments to this notice
The Company reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice and its associated practices at any time. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will replace previous disclosures and will enter into force immediately upon publication.
Updates will be posted on the Company’s website at the following address and will be marked with a publication date so you always know when the policy was last updated. https://www.lindos-village.gr/forest-ambassador-privacy-notice